Friday, October 2, 2009

The De-Exclamation of the "E!" Channel

Hey, E! Channel, stop telling me what movies I love. I hated the first Bring It On. The 5,000 sequels really haven't helped its cause. The fact that Hayden Pane-something-or-other is in the movie causes further hatred of the film.

I'm sure that some 14 year old finds Bring It On: Stuck-Up White Girl Befriends Racially Prejudiced Minorities (long title, huh?) to be entertaining. Granted, I'm not E!'s primary demographic when it comes to this programming. But couldn't they have stepped up the quality a little bit? Isn't there a Reese Witherspoon movie or Meg Ryan '90s rom-com that they can air instead?

My beef with E! can be related to my distaste for TBS's "Very Funny" slogan that I've mentioned before. I'm sick of these television channels dictating to me what is funny or what I should love. Any credibility that these channels had before has been destroyed by their lack of taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment